According to a new Economist/YouGov survey, 93 percent of Americans say illegal immigration is a problem.
The poll found that just 7 percent of the overall public say illegal immigration is “not a problem” facing the nation.
While Democrats have refused to strike a deal to reopen the government and fund the border wall between the U.S. and Mexico, it appears an overwhelming majority agrees with Trump on the immediate need to secure the border.
Here’s the main takeaways from the survey:
• 40 percent of Americans overall say illegal immigration in the U.S. is a “very serious problem”; 73 percent of Republicans, 38 percent of independents and 15 percent of Democrats agree.
• 22 percent overall say illegal immigration is a “somewhat serious problem”; 19 percent of Republicans, 21 percent of independents and 26 percent of Democrats agree.
• 24 percent overall say illegal immigration is a “minor problem”; 5 percent of Republicans, 23 percent of independents and 42 percent of Democrats agree.
• 7 percent overall say illegal immigration is “not a problem”; 2 percent of Republicans, 7 percent of independents and 12 percent of Democrats agree.
• 6 percent overall are unsure; 1 percent of Republicans, 11 percent of independents and 4 percent of Democrats agree.
The President will not back down unless he gets at least $5 Billion for his border wall. You can read more from our friends at ILoveMyFreedom.org
Matt Couch is the founder of America First Investigations and the CEO of the D.C. Chronicle News Group. You can follow Matt on Twitter @RealMattCouch